Observable Networks is an emerging start-up transforming enterprise security with analytics, cloud computing, and big data. Our Continuous Device Profiling (CDP) technology provides real-time device modeling and automated security analytics to continuously analyze the behavior of all devices, on networks of any size, all the time. We have recently launched a managed Network Security-as-a-Service platform and a subscription-based service offering that empowers organizations to clearly and uniquely understand normal and abnormal device behaviors on their networks, which helps them to identify compromised and misused devices, facilitate faster remediation, and reduce associated risks and costs.
Due to our continued growth and investment resources, we are seeking proven senior sales executives in our target markets across the U.S. to generate revenue-producing relationships with new accounts and strategic partners. This is a high impact individual contributor role with the added benefit of shaping and driving Observable's go-to-market capabilities. Our goal is to build a sales organization of smart, ambitious, "A" players, committed to our mission and focused on driving growth.
Observable Networks is a privately held company headquartered in St. Louis, MO. We are actively expanding our market presence in major metropolitan geographies including Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Chicago, Dallas, and San Francisco.
- 5-15 years of experience in successful quota-carrying business development for IT solutions and services (not products)
- Generate new accounts and revenue streams while reaching annual sales revenue goals within our key vertical industries including, but not limited to, financial services, professional services, healthcare, biotech & life sciences
- An active base of established business relationships with clients in our targeted verticals
- Proven experience opening doors, prospecting, managing and closing complex sales-cycles spanning SMB and Enterprise accounts
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales success; including executive-level relationships, account penetration, solution selling, and account management
- Achieve/exceed quarterly and annual revenue objectives consistently, by conducting effective sales calls and meetings
- Key industry knowledge and ability to effectively articulate the value prop and methodology
- Initiate winning strategies by stating clear and reasonable objectives that promote Observable Networks in the assigned geographic territory
- Responsibilities include being proactive in working with targeted accounts, building relationships with third parties and partners who can influence sales, and developing a consistent pipeline of opportunities within the territory
- Prospecting will include following up on all leads quickly and professionally as well as tracking business development activity in our CRM system
- Extensive knowledge of Information Technology, i.e. Networks & Networking, Security Technologies & Best Practices, Enterprise Applications & Information Management, Cloud Computing & SaaS, Data Centers, and Business Intelligence
- Demonstrable knowledge of key ROI and TCO principles used in financial consolidation, budgeting, and forecasting
- Strong customer references
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in the IT industry, a significant amount of which should have been spent on “hunting" for new accounts
- Analytics, Big Data, or Cloud/SaaS environments experience a plus
- Managed services experience is strongly desirable
- Solid understanding of IT strategy, the related issues facing CISO/CIOs and their decision processes
- Additional experience in utilities, telecom, energy, or manufacturing sectors is desirable
- The personal presence to act as an effective influencer and negotiator at the most senior levels of client management
- An effective communicator, able to provide excellent leadership and motivation for the team while working effectively as a team player marketing, development and delivery teams
- Overall, possessing the enthusiasm and ambition to contribute to the growth of a fast moving and dynamic start-up organization
- Strong leadership skills
Interested in working at Observable Networks?
We want to talk with you!
Observable Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.